Sunday, February 12, 2006

America's Next Top Model



Last night, as Ken and I were watching a replay of Tyra Banks' America's Next Top Model, I can't help but think what my life would be like if I was a model. What's with these models that i really adore? What if I have no pimples and fucking pimple marks? What if i was taller like 5'11 and toner? WouldI make it? Do I have what it takes to be one? Will my preference inhibit me from being one?



When I transferred to Manila, I was exposed to various people in the industry. I met models, art and creative directors, agents, and writers. I've been given oppurtunities to try auditions and go-sees. But given my present physical condition right now, I think being a model is still a wishful thinking for me. I did not show up at those auditions, I was scared.



A lot of times, I thought of giving it a try. I was asked if I was a model in one of the parties I attended before in Malate, an art director asked my friend if I could meet him, because he might consider me for a shoot for a film festival ad, a friend whose bf is a model gave me go-see schedules, an ex-date told me I have a market because of my skin color and body structure and even an ex-date's friend told me the camera loves me and should give print ad modelling a try. Last Saturday, I saw a group of guys and everybody in the bar knows their sexual preference, which is the same as mine and they are all models. I have a friend and I know that I look better than him and yet he is a model. Maybe if I was more aggressive to attend go-sees, it could have been a catalyst for me to be one.




Well, there are things that aren't just for you. Maybe its too late or maybe its not yet my time. But we never know, this year might be mine. After all, when you want something, the universe conspires with you to help you achieve it.

No comments: