Monday, December 05, 2005

Chance ... Oppurtunity .. a Challenge

Ill be going back to our requirements walkthrough later with our Ukrainian client, that's why, ill be taking this spare time to blog what i feel now.

When i entered this company, i really don't know what to expect. All i know is that Pipo and Darrix are happy to be part of it and that my VPAL-EM barkada convinced me that this is such a great oppurtunity for me.

The first few week with this company was tough ... i really dont know what to do inside..i have no assignment, no group, no manager.. I was pretty bored just reading about Struts, JSP, J2EE, Beans, Servlets.. what these terms are all about..I even got a comment from Darrix that i always look pale and unexcited.

Then, finally i got an assignment, I spent three months tinkering about Ibatis, Struts, XmL etc..It was pretty tougher because i really don't have any experience with any of these except basic J2SE. But it was so much challenging. I finally had a taste of creating my first few JSP pages and at the same time coding with Struts.

Just last week, my manager approached me. She told me, she felt i was so underutilized in her group. She wanted to transfer me. Now, she will no longer be assigning me as a senior developer but an assistant team lead for the new project. I was in a total shock. I really never expected it. It was so much a challenge, i told myself.

Since last week till today, i spent my days reading requirement documents, creating design plans, meeting, meeting and meetings. Whoa! Finally, im doing this. Something that i have always dreamt of, leading a group and not just code.

I hope this will be a start of a better career path for me. This should be something i should take good care of. Not everyone is given this oppurtunity.

While writing this, i remembered Ms Nene during our ratings session last april. She told me that i have to do more and be better because ill soon be an SDE2. I'll always be thankful to Ms Nene for she has always been an inspiration to me.

I always be thankful to my project manager for giving me this chance and to the company in general. Huge thanks also goes to my former teammates for helping me understand the technology and the business process as well. To my friends, for always inspiring me to improve my craft as a professional. And to God for this new blessing.

4 comments:

einalen said...

hi mau :)

am glad things are starting to look up for you career wise :) just keep at it! :)

g0LdEnAriEl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
g0LdEnAriEl said...

lola!! congrats ;)
happy k for you ;)
si ryan pd daw :D

Ria May said...

yey! now Mau you're not just another pretty face and hot body. sila na jud ang mugukod nimo.. like what i always tell you.. pero too bad for them coz taken na ka hehehe =p