Friday, September 19, 2008

Time Flies So Fast

Its almost 6 months and its time for me to go home. In 7 days, I'll be flying back to Manila. I believe, I have made the most out of my stay here. Juggled work and recreation, travelled to almost all tourist spots nearby and eaten everything I wanted. I have experienced spring and summer and have at least been here at the tail end of winter and start of fall.
Vancouver is a beautiful city. British Columbia, its province has lived up to its slogan which is "The Best Place on Earth", with its mix of nature and urban life. It is a melting pot of various races. Here, you are not alienated with the Caucasians that you see because there are lots of Asians too. You will really feel at home. Asian food is everywhere. FIlipinos are everywhere. Even a local Tim Horton's coffee shop plays a Regine Velasquez album. Everybody is friendly and accomodating and I have not felt any degree of discrimination at all. English is not a problem because not everyone speaks good English. If in the Philippines we are conscious about grammar, In Canada nobody cares if you don't.As long as you can convey your thoughts, it is ok. Just be careful that you dont hurt them, they are quite sensitive about things.
Here at the random top ten memorable events of my stay in Canada:
  • Canadian Rockies
  • Victoria, BC
  • The Vancouver Lookout
  • Vancouver Island
  • Grouse Grind
  • Camping at Lake Garibaldi
  • Snowboarding at Grouse Mountain(First Snow)
  • Lower Mainland(Kent Farm, Peace Arch)
  • Okanagan Valley Wine Tour
  • Vancouver Island
I'll be going home with good memories of my stay here. Short as it is, but I am happy about it. I look forward to going back here.

1 comment:

hazel said...

mau!!!

we didn't get to meet up when you went home!!!
amishu!!!

xoxo
=)